Developping management plans
Wednesday 19 February 2014, by
All the versions of this article: [English] [français]
Updated version of the management of the LPO’s plots in the Basses Vallées Angevines
This action is to provide a review and update the first management plan for the properties of the LPO in BVA incorporating new plots acquired under the LIFE+ programme.
A management plan has been partly developped for plots purchased by the LPO between 1995 and 2004 in the Basses Vallées Angevines (410 ha), which is to be updated. The previous management plan covered only 395 ha, thus it will be updated with the new acquisitions. This area with extensively management represents about 10% of the total area of natural floodplains favorable to the Corncrake (4 500 ha) in areas where the species densities are highest. These plots focus alone potentially nearly fifty Corncrakes, more than 20% of singing Corncrakes in the BVA and 15% of the French population.
Achievement of management plans for parcels acquired by the CEN Picardie in the framework of the Life+ programme
**Sites involved in the action
Moyenne Vallée de l’Oise
As for all land under its management, the CEN Picardie is carrying out a management plan prior to the implementation of restoration and maintenance. Management plans are under way for land purchasing on two main sectors of the Moyenne vallée de l’Oise. It is planned to build two separate management plans directly related to these acquisitions.
This step therefore involves:
- an assessment of the first management plan, if previous plots are continuous to new acquisitions;
– a descriptive and analytical approach to the site: ecological and socioeconomic diagnosis, threats and conservation issues;
– defining objectives and operations management.
• 2 management plans: one by major land purchasing
• The area covered by management plans should reach 30 hectares.