Wednesday 19 February 2014, by
All the versions of this article: [English] [français]
**Sites involved in the action
The Basses Vallées Angevines, Vallée de la Loire, Moyenne Vallée de la Charente and Moyenne Vallée de l’Oise
Assessing the impact of conservation measures on the Corncrake population
The monitoring focuses on:
• the annual assessment of Corncrake populations on sites chosen for bird counts;
• monitoring and research mowing on young birds to assess survival rates and productivity, and to compare the effectiveness of the proposed measures (dates, mowing techniques, refuge strips, scaring bar , speed ...)
• Improving knowledge and assessment of the effectiveness of conservation actions implemented in the framework of the programme;
• Concrete recommendations for conservation management;
• Evolution of the favorable area to Corncrake;
• Evolution of the number of singing males.
For each SPA, surveys have been carried out on the following areas:
• 2,000 hectares in the Basses Vallées Angevines;
• 850 ha in the Moyenne Vallée de la Charente, Seugne et Coran ;
• 5,600 ha in the Moyenne Vallée de l’Oise.